Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Ink

Sorry I've been away for a while. I wanted to update you on my tattoo. The original date I was scheduled to get this tattoo was on November 14. Luckily I was on the cancellation list. The nice folks at Chalice called me on Friday and asked if I wanted to come in on Saturday and take the canceled spot. I responded without hesitation a "hell yes!" The tattoo is a triple headed elephant and was designed by my friend Tokio and the lotus was drawn by Andrew, my tattoo artist. I'm so happy about how it turned out! The triple headed elephant symbolizes the 3 former kingdoms of Laos. Laos is also known as the land of a million elephants. Elephants are highly regarded in Laos, and is very much respected. The elephant to me symbolizes, wisdom, greatness and strength. The lotus is one of the main symbols of Buddhism. It represents rebirth, purity of the mind and spirit, and elightenment. The heart represents my love for my Laotian heritage, who I am and where I came from.


No comments:

Post a Comment